Thursday, July 17, 2008

Gimme A Sled!!

Put me in, Coach. I'm ready to play.



Wait a minute. Great song, but wrong sport. How about this---



Hail to the team. The stadium rings! Yeah, I like that one better.



With that, let me say hello and Go Big Red! This is the first blog from me--the Old Husker Fan. I've been around as a fan from the Coach Devaney years. I hit the jackpot on my first game--a 44-0 beat down of Iowa State in October 1965. That was during the Bobfather's first perfect regular season. I was 12. I've never looked back. I felt the pain of 12-0 to K-State IN LINCOLN on a perfectly brutal November day. I witnessed perfection under the Thanksgiving skies in Norman and under the full moon after rain in Miami. And I've continued to feel the striving for the top---the reach---and then the crash---in all the years since.

Now we're building and going after it again--and I couldn't be happier.

So, what am I adding to this throng anyway? Well, the main reason is--I can. Also--I want to. What Coach Osborne and Bo Pelini are starting on is exciting, uncertain, challenging---but ALIVE! And, as an Old Husker Fan, I see some parallels to the unmatched 40 years of togetherness and success that I want to share with you. During these blogs, I'm going to bring up some names and circumstances that are part of this Old Husker Fan's personal memory I-pod.


I hope I bring up some ideas that you like and find interesting. And I hope that if you're so inclined, you'll send your thoughts along as well.


In the meantime, crank it up! Bo and the guys are ready to go! I'm gonna get to be at the stadium when the BO-dacious Era gets underway! Get fired up! And one more time this time---



GO BIG RED!!!

No comments: